A Nintendo divulgou recentemente alguns dados de vendas dos seus consoles e jogos. Aqui um gráfico feito pelo analista Daniel Ahmad, como o Switch está comparado a outros consoles do mercado:
Mais alguns dados divulgados pela Nintendo:
Switch Software Attach rates
- total number of million-seller titles during this quarter was 20, including the titles of other software publishers
- 8 of those 20 million sellers came from third parties
- Switch saw a 19.5% increase in sales year-on-year
- Switch saw a 100.9% increase in software sales year-on-year
- 3DS saw a 60.5% decrease year-on-year basis
- 3DS saw a 64.5% decrease in software sales year-on-year
- NES Classic Edition and Super NES Classic Edition recorded total sales of 5.83 million units during the quarter
- Switch digital sales saw a 95.1% increase year-on-year
- mobile revenue saw a 14.7% increase year-on-year basis
- Nintendo plans to broaden Switch's user base by adding new titles and strengthening sales of popular titles already released
- For 3DS, Nintendo will continue to leverage the platform's rich software library and its hardware install base
- with mobile, Nintendo will focus on continued service operations for applications that have already been released
- Nintendo lowered Switch sales expectations for the fiscal year to 17 million
- Nintendo has increased its full fiscal year Switch software forecast from 100 million to 110 million
- 3DS sales expectations for the fiscal year are 2.6 million
- Smash Bros. Ultimate is Nintendo's fastest-selling home console title ever, sitting at 12.08 million sold
- Super Mario Odyssey sold 13.73 million units, making it the best-selling 3D Mario title by over a million
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best-selling Switch game worldwide
- Octopath Traveler shipped 1.08 million in the West, and at least 1.27 million worldwide
- Splatoon 2 is Japan's best-selling Switch game, sitting at 3.33 million
- mobile revenue accounted for just 2% of Nintendo's total, while 3DS accounted for 4%
- the holiday 2018 quarter was the best quarter for Nintendo (in terms of revenue/profit) since holiday 2009
- when adding in the last known total for Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Wii U, the game has sold 13.18 million units between Switch/Wii U
Nintendo Switch segue vendendo muito bem e o 3DS vende bastante software ainda. Bom ver que Zelda já está chegando em quase 12 milhões de unidades vendidas! Segundo os dados de vendas, o Switch está com números acima do PS4 e no mesmo nível do Nintendo Wii.
Desde o lançamento o Switch tem ficado empatado no comparativo de vendas do Nintendo Wii, com algumas vezes passando o mesmo. Acredito que ele deve chegar em uns 80 - 90 milhões de unidades vendidas durante a vida dele, a menos que a Nintendo faça uma versão mais nova e com corte de preço, aí, acho que pode alcançar o Wii.
E vocês? Acham que o Nintendo Switch pode alcançar o Wii?
Panela dos sulistas.
"The people who speak about the “next generation” are people who don’t know games" - Hiroshi Yamauchi